Base Station Offline. Can't get connected back to internet Arlo VMB3500

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KimN
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had this system for 1 year and 2 months and this has happened several times.  The system just goes offline.  I try what's suggested online and have to go to Chat support.  Each of the other times, they got everything back up.  But I can't remember the steps we took.  This time, support tells me to do the basic stuff (unplug, replug in station, switch the ports on the router, hard reset) and then says, "it's the base station, you are out of warranty" and basically tough luck, buy a new base station.  It was fixed the other times.  It must be possible.  Anyone have suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One possible solution is to reset the system to clear out any weirdnesses. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules, schedule, etc. to speed the rebuilding.

Another possibility is that it's just a display issue. WHen this happens, what are the LEDs on the base showing? If you have 3 green LEDs, the system is working but you can't see them in the app. Try force closing the app and reopen it. Try the web client to see if it shows the same thing.

KimN
Aspirant
Aspirant

@jguerdat The app isn't the problem. It's the base station.

It was displaying GREEN/NOT LIT/GREEN until this last encounter with support.

After he had me do a hard reset, the bottom light is now Amber.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Internet LED not being lit means the base isn't connected to the router. Could be an issue with the base, the cable or the router. Sometimes rebooting the router and base, in that order, fixes the problem.

Now that you've performed a reset, the Camera LED is amber, meaning you need to claim the base. Simply doing this may cause thnngs to work but you may also have to remove all devices from Settings, My Devices to be able to claim it. See if claiming it works, otherwise use the deletion step and try again.