Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Model Vmb3500r4 Is This An Obsolete Model Being Sold By The HSN?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DeadAnimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought a 4 camera system from the HSN (Home Shopping Network) for a reasonable price. It has the older 720p cameras using the CR123 batteries.

I didn't recognize the base station displayed but figured the price was good for 4 cameras so I bought it.

The base station doesn't seem to want to allow me to set the MODE and even though I'm only connecting two cameras, only the first camera will sense motion. The second camera is online and can be used LIVE but will not detect motion.Arlo-HSN.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Streak2
Master Master
Master

The 3500 is in fact one of the new base models. So that's not the issue.

Try and do a factory reset of the base and start again from scratch. Once you claim the base using the app wait and see if it prompts you for a firmware update.

DeadAnimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tried that initally. Both the base station and the cameras had the software updates installed successfully.

Is there anyway to determine the software version the firmware shows 1.11.9.0_26520 and says no updates available.

Cameras show firmware at 1.3.314 and also say no updates available.

DeadAnimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since you note that this model base station VMB3500r2 is one of the newest ones, why can I not find any information on the website for this unit? No manuals, no pictures, no nothing.

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Here are the release notes.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

There are usually no specific information on bases as they usually come bundled with cameras with instruction on how to get things set up. The 3500 is a reduced feature model of the full size version that has a built in siren and USB support.

DeadAnimal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. I'll assume the specifications are the same less the dropped features.

I'll do a complete reset and reinstall and if that doesn't resolve the issue with the second camera not detecting motion, I'll return the unit to HSN as defective and request a replacement.

bookie777
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same model that I received as a Christmas gift. I set it up in about 15 minutes and it works perfectly!

Did you do a firmware upgrade on each of the cameras and base station?