Base Station Model 4540 not locally recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
TheOldManHere
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased a 3 camera system at Costco a few months back and am now trying to get it to record locally to the Base Station Model 4540 with the USB drive installed in it.  Everything tells me I have installed everything right, and the USB drive has adequate storage.  I have read everything I can and it all tells me the same thing.  I know the difference between looking on the cloud versus the local hub.  I've rebooted, formatted the USB drive, took the thumb drive out and stuck it in my PC, you name it.  Nothing is recording.  Anyone got another idea?

5 REPLIES 5
Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you tried taking back to the store for a replacement?
TheOldManHere
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I was hoping it was something simple

Dannybear
Master
Master
Have you checked what format type you used on the USB?
TheOldManHere
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s a new Usb 2.0. I formatted it with the hub and the hub states it is good to go. I don’t have another usb I’m will to erase to try that but I may have to.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TheOldManHere wrote:
It’s a new Usb 2.0. I formatted it with the hub and the hub states it is good to go. I don’t have another usb I’m will to erase to try that but I may have to.

Is the capacity 16 GB or larger?

Some USB drives have two partitions (a small one that usually has optional software).  So you might also check for that.  In a Windows PC, you can use the Windows Disk Manager to check it.  If you see two partitions for the drive, then delete them both and create a new single partition.  Then put it back into the base, and format it again.