Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base Station Firmware Download

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am installing my Arlo base station.  The on/off light has been blinking green for about 3 hours.  Does a firmware download typically take this long?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One last try - unplug the base for 30 seconds and try again. If still the same, exchange it where purchased or create a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

I guess you could try a factory reset but I have real doubts that would help. Since its likely on old firmware, use the reset button next to the power switch while holding the Sync button on the side until the front LEDs start flashing. If nothing, try just the reset button without the Sync button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

no..a d/l usu takes a min or so.

at this point , try a reboot by the power button

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have rebooted several times.  Each time with the same result; a blinking on/off light after several minutes.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

One last try - unplug the base for 30 seconds and try again. If still the same, exchange it where purchased or create a trouble ticket for possible RMA.

I guess you could try a factory reset but I have real doubts that would help. Since its likely on old firmware, use the reset button next to the power switch while holding the Sync button on the side until the front LEDs start flashing. If nothing, try just the reset button without the Sync button.

edalemo
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reset while holding down the synch button worked.  Thank you.