Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
Dlwilliams1974
Initiate
Initiate

Just installed doorbell and 2 essential cameras yesterday and badge notifications will not clear. Up to 50 this morning, apparently this has been going on for awhile, someone please advise. Apparently the bug IS NOT fixed

mJeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got the same issue. Never seems to get fixed. 

mJeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still have the issue 

ScottCan
Star
Star

ShayneS,

I noticed today the count is working for me now. Specifically, the badge count on the app icon is correct.  The device card counter for each camera is also correct.  I’m on iPhone app 4.0.4 (5464).

orlroc
Tutor
Tutor

Hi to all!

Arlo app shows me a notification badge in my iPhone but opening the app there aren’t any video in the library. 

How can reset the badge?

Thank you 

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@orlroc Are you on a cloud subscription?  Or any Smart notifications running? I am and noticed, if I have vehicles turned off for my front yard camera. The camera/cloud will trigger it still, but not put it in the library; doing it’s backhaul/server cloud algorithm. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Eksoccer99 wrote:

@orlroc Are you on a cloud subscription?  Or any Smart notifications running? I am and noticed, if I have vehicles turned off for my front yard camera. The camera/cloud will trigger it still, but not put it in the library; doing it’s backhaul/server cloud algorithm. 

That's not expected behavior.  You shouldn't get the notification, but you should see a recording in the library.

orlroc
Tutor
Tutor

Today I found a workaround myself: checking the cameras on app I see that was a number 1 near one camera: I clicked on It and the app opened the library (obviously without shows any video). After that, I closed the library and... no more badge in the app.....

Paddic
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do I fix the issue of badge not resetting correctly so it does not continue to accumulate any more notifications and clears like it should.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@Paddic Are you updated to the latest version since around Xmas/new year? Has seemed to be fixed for a lot of users in here. Badge count has been working for me. Thread has been kinda quiet lately. Try logging out/in, reinstall app? 

Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

everything on my iPhone Pro 13 Max is Updated... including Apps,, and so far the Badge Counts seems to be Working Correctly...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue?

ScottCan
Star
Star

Hi @ShayneS, as of January 18th I’m not seeing any more issues.  Everything is good for me.  I posted a message at the time but maybe it got lost in the noise.

Thanks,

Scott

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@ShayneS Mine has been pretty good. Noticing this thread isn’t as active anymore; barely any post like before; everyday of the week. Haha. 

Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

Everything on my iPhone Pro 13 Max is Updated... including Apps,, and so far the Badge Counts seems to be Working Correctly... 👌🏼

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the updates, please let me know if you experience anything different and I will escalate ASAP. 

DAWilloughby
Tutor
Tutor

Mine has been behaving pretty well.  It still sometimes cumulates more than just the alerts that have occurred since I last viewed library and cleared the counter but it no longer seems to add alerts that are older than a day to the number shown on the badge.  At other times the badge accurately reports only the number of alerts that have occurred since my last review.

robwattman
Star
Star

I don't want to jinx it, and cross my fingers, but it seems to be OK now.

Battarang
Aspirant
Aspirant

1000% not solved. 

cannot clear notifications - now at 6154 and growing.

cannot re-order devices

cannot rename devices 

So far we have:

Updated app; updated cameras; updated base; removed users with access; re-added users; switched primary accounts; removed all cameras; reinstalled all cameras; reset all cameras; reset the base; switch wifi; switched back; factory reset everything; uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 

INFURIATING. 

Battarang
Aspirant
Aspirant

The link to the solution just jumps to you saying it’s solved. Where is the actual “solution” and why is everything about the company so frustrating and anti-user? 

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@Battarang The solution was the app update back in Jan/feb. Seemed to fix it for the most of us here. Sign out/in. Try on the web. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur with the latest version of the Arlo app 4.5?

robwattman
Star
Star

I haven’t noticed any issues with the badge count lately since they fixed it months ago

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@robwattman Thank you for that update. 

Yash9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m facing this issue now, was there anything to be done on user side? Reopening forced closed app didn’t work. Neither did deleting the app not logging out.