Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 30 Replies
  • 30 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

This thread was posted for 5 months, waiting for a resolution: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Badge-Notifications-not-resetting-again/m-p/1868329/emcs_t/S2h8ZW...

Yesterday, the thread was closed by the moderator stating that the problem was solved.  However, it is NOT solved.  I just walked outside and my badge counter reset to 432!  Why was the previous thread closed and why is this still not fixed?!

30 REPLIES 30
A_Peterson
Tutor
Tutor

Umm, no. Totally unacceptable. Every other app developer has to figure this out. The badge notification is to let the user know how many new somethings the user has. It is up to the user if they want to utilize the badges for the app.

dgbhmal
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem. The Arlo badge notification is reporting over 2,000 detections. If I refresh and clear it, it comes back in just a few minutes. Been going in for weeks. I have deleted and reinstalled the app and tried everything’s else I can think of.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A cloud fix was released today that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications.

JamesC

Aparks2
Initiate
Initiate

It is still not fixed. 

robwattman
Star
Star

The only thing that happened over the last stated “fixes” was my badge count was re-set from the cumulative total (300,000+) to about half (150,000), and then to zero. However, since that re-set the badge numbers are accumulating again. This morning the badge count was 100 but I counted the number of video from the last time I checked and there were only 5 new videos. The problem is NOT fixed. 

A_Peterson
Tutor
Tutor

It seems to be working for me now. 

iPhone 7 Plus

iOS 15.7.1

Arlo Secure app 4.0.2