Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vorsicle
Tutor
Tutor

How can I configure Auto Deletion?  If the system knows you are at 80% full, someone can surely write code to auto delete the oldest files.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to SETTINGS/ SYSTEM SETTINGS / PREFERENCES

There is a click on/off option to delete old files and manage you storage automaticly

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
vorsicle
Tutor
Tutor

Under Settings / System Settings / Preferences you are prompted with three choices.  None of which will auto purge your files.

The options are: Low Bat Notification, Storage Full Notification, and Push Notfication.

Storage Full Notification will only advise when you are 80% full.  It will not auto delete, which is what i am in search for.

Arlo is great and I am suprised that such simple code has not yet been rolled in to production.  Someone coded it to advise at 80%, why not take the extra step to parse.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vorsicle wrote:

Under Settings / System Settings / Preferences you are prompted with three choices.  None of which will auto purge your files.

The options are: Low Bat Notification, Storage Full Notification, and Push Notfication.

Storage Full Notification will only advise when you are 80% full.  It will not auto delete, which is what i am in search for. 

Try on the PC via browser... here's what shows;

filesdelete.JPG

Try the first option... it AUTO deletes files after 7 days, they go in you recycle bin for a min of 7 days more ( if not longer due to slow housing keeping )

vorsicle
Tutor
Tutor

Those options are not avail to me.  

I have used IE, Chrome from a PC and the app via my Smartphone.

vorsicle
Tutor
Tutor

Which subscription do you subcribe to?  Maybe that's the difference.  I have the Basic - Plan.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vorsicle wrote:

Which subscription do you subcribe to?  Maybe that's the difference.  I have the Basic - Plan.  

Ok... that answers it.. I have the Premier plan ( 30 days storage )

On the basic, the storage plan is already set for 7 days so it would be a mute point.

vorsicle
Tutor
Tutor

I believe the option to auto purge or delete would benefit all plans.

I have to manually delete.  It would be nice if it would just delete the oldest day thus preventing me from having to log in to do it.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

vorsicle wrote:

I believe the option to auto purge or delete would benefit all plans.

I have to manually delete.  It would be nice if it would just delete the oldest day thus preventing me from having to log in to do it.

So , if I may ask, you filling the 1GB in 7 days?? 

I don't  think the auto delete really matters in a 7 days storage.  I tried once to fill the 1GB running 5 cameras and it's pretty hard to do without killing batteries.

Remember, a ten sec clip is < 1 meg, so your talking about 1000 - 10 second videos.

So I don't think you would have to manually delete as the 7 day time will auto purge as the week goes on without filling your storage.

BTW, recycle bin doesn't count as part of the storage.