Audio for Arlo security system

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sandy13
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had the Arlo security system for a few weeks and there is no Audio. How do I get the Audio/Sound?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Which system? Only the Q and Pro cameras (with a Pro base) have audio. The original Arlo wireless cameras have no audio capabilities.
Sandy13
Aspirant
Aspirant
The system told me it has audio. Is the pro base considered the hard drive the cameras are linked with? I went into my online system and the version it tells me 2.2.1 and released November 8 2016. I have this system in a very small Barbershop and if I. really don't have audio .... I'll return the whole system. Plus, be very disappointed. The box it came in said video and audio.
Sandy13
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'll check tomorrow when I get in the barbershop and let you know the system it is. Thanks and God bless
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The base isn't ahard drive but yes, that's what the cameras connect to.  An easy way to tell which system you have (the box says audio so it must be the Pro) is the battery for the camera.  The Pro uses a single "block" while the original wireless cameras use 4 separate batteries.

If you're not getting audio, use your app or web login to go to Settings, My Devices.  Click on your cameras and check the settings in Audio Settings.  Verify that the settings aren't disabled.  If you make changes, test and see if all is ok.  If changes don't seem to be necessary, it might be worthwhile to toggle them off and then back on and the power cycle the base using the power switch.  Test again.

Also, make sure your sound isn't muted on your device (phone or computer) and that the volume is turned up.  If using the app, sometimes reinstalling the app can clear up weirdnesses.

Let us know what steps you've tried, what you see and hear and how things work out.  If you need realtime help, try calling support at the appropriate phone number listed in https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx