Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
RNieszner
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I saw the EOL plan, and sort of understand it but there is no support team out there to answer questions when I get on the chat support/phone any more because I don't have an 'existing subscription'.  Now I did have a subscription before it was however just free.  This is total BS to not support customers through changes or even to answer questions.

On to my main question though.  As of Feb. 1 I have not had any recording on my camera's (I've got Arlo Pro 2 setup with 3 cameras and the 4000 base).  Is this the EOF of the 7 day free recording subscription?  The way I understood the letter was this is to start on Jan. 1, 2024?  Or is this date different for Arlo Canada members?  

Ryan

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Check your Base station firmware version, your operating settings may have been corrupted due to the latest pre EOL firmware update.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes 

DaveWoj
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@RNieszner 

What Danny Bear said.

My understanding (and I have the pro 2) is that the cloud will end 1/1/24) so you should still have free 7 day.

I am no longer part of the EOL thread discussion because I was getting criticized for my opinions.

Not that this applies to you, but I will say that I've seen many comments regarding people who continue to link to sites that are still selling the EOL cameras promising the free 7 day.

Arlo can't control all the 2nd and 3rd party sellers or those on Ebay who still sell used or brand new Arlo cameras that have "Free 7 day cloud" on the packaging.

As far as I know, Amazon (sold by Amazon) stopped selling all the Arlo EOL cameras when they were discontinued. It's been said that the Arlo site itself was selling those cameras up to 2021 which if true, was something that they should not have been doing and could backfire on them.

One cannot to go to any retailer on line or Ebay today, next year or 3 years from now and purchase a brand new EOL Arlo and expect to get free 7 day that never expires, just because it says it on the package.

To me that was Netgear and Arlo's biggest mistake. Not putting a disclaimer next to that statement when all these EOL cameras were sold.

RNieszner
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I’ve checked my firmware and it is the following:

1.20.6.0_4226_xxxxxxx

On a VMB4000R3.

When I check for updates it says there aren’t any available.  I tried logging into  the web app.  When I click on anything after Jan. 30 it brings a pop up for a subscription.  I thought 7 day cloud wasn’t going to disappear until Jan 1, 2024??  I can’t get a hold of any support line, and chat just says no subscription, no help.  What’s next?  Also are the dates any different for Canadian customers?  Or what’s the deal with the no 7 day cloud already gone?

Ryan

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RNieszner wrote:

As of Feb. 1 I have not had any recording on my camera's (I've got Arlo Pro 2 setup with 3 cameras and the 4000 base).  Is this the EOL of the 7 day free recording subscription? 

No.

Have you tried making a manual recording?