Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
Is it better to arm/disarm from the arlo app or simply turn on/off the base station when I am present?
10 REPLIES 10
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Its personal preference really. I have been disarming. It doesnt use much power at all to disarm rather than turn off. Also if disarmed you can live view alot faster without having the lag delay of waiting for the camera to turn on
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you. I noticed the cameras still run and show movement even if disarmed and worried that would run the batteries down. Naturally if I turn the base off there is nothing happening and hopefully the batteries are preserved longer. Having much trouble with the battery life.
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If you turn off the base you would have to turn cameras off also. Otherwise camera looks for signal constantly and it drains battery
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
I thought turning off the base would automatically turn off the cameras. How do you turn off the cameras?
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No the base being off will not turn off camera. It will search for signal and drain batts quickly. In the main screen. ( devices) click on the gear symbol upper right hand corner of thw screen and there will be a toggle for on/off
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
If the cameras still have or show movement while disarmed you have a problem. Look at the man symbol that shows motion he turns orange when motion detected. If they are disarmed he should be gray color. If armed it will be a darker black color.
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
Thank you for the info
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
I just tried to turn off the camers by your instructions but there is no option to turn off. In fact there is a message that indicates cameras are offline.
Wklovelace3
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Something is wrong then. I would private message james c the community manager. Click on the enevelope on this page to send a private message.
dhastings
Tutor
Tutor
Will do. Thank you