Arlo won't work with Netgear Nighthawk X4S AC600 wifi vddl / adsl modem router

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BruceR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought new modem, thought Netgear would be compatible.....no help from Netgear "support"...they just keep repeating same instructions as per start up guide.

Any help from users appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ya gotta tell us what you're doing and what you've tried.  Details!

BruceR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem started in February 2016,  16  x Email communications from Netgear Support experts , all with same generic, non-helpful information.

1st Issue was when original batteries getting low in charge, recordings would be intermittent, of varying time duration ( even though set for 20 seconds), replaced with rechargeable batteries but start of issues re: would not detect cameras when syncing.

Bought new (expensive) Netgear Modem in case it was old one, Nighthawk X4S AC600 wifi modem router model D7800. Bought Netgear modem as figured it would be best compatibility with Arlo....

Have reset Arlo to factory settings . Reset Password.

Launch Arlo app on ipad ( Also tried on mac pro, & Android phone)

Will not connect to Arlo Base Station.

Any help / suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you reset the base station?  SHould have been using only the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Otherwise, you didn't actually reset it. Also, did you remove all devices from Settings, My Devices?

The router and modem have no impact - sorry you spent money on them although upgrades may have been useful anyways.

What are the LEDs on the base showing after you turn it on and it initializes?  Should be two green LEDs on the left - power and Internet.  If the Internet LED is off or amber, that's the root of the problem.  Off means no connection to the router (cable or ports) and amber means no Internet connection (usually a router setting).

BruceR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have done factory reset per instructions from Arlo:

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, there are two sets of instructions - old and new.  Old was to use the reset and sync buttons and the new is to use only the reset button.  Using the old method will not reset the base anymore.

BruceR
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry, just saw rest of msg did not show...had switched to "HTML" to paste from Arlo Email....

Basically, msg was that i did the reset button only & the x 2 lights are showing green.

Synced x 1 camera & green light shows on Base Station, but no cameras are showing on Arlo app , & under "Cameras" it has "Add Device"....which it wont allow ....?

Trying to navigate other advice on this site....Would Nighthawk X4S modem router be interfering in some way ? It recognises Arlo & seems

ok (?)

Any / all help appreciated...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While anything is possible, I doubt the rest of your network gear is the issue.  

What happens when you use a browser instead of the app?

Edit: went back and saw where you had tried computers and phones with the same result.  I think you should create a trouble ticket using the Support link here to investigate further.  It's possible you have a faulty base.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BruceR,

I see in your original post you have opened a support ticket already regarding this issue. Please private message me your case number and I will review your ticket and offer any additional feedback that I can.

Thank you,

JamesC