Geofencing

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LizzieB
Follower
Follower

I'm still confused as to what geofencing actually IS.....I am presuming that, when set, it means that it automatically records motion when I am not at home and disarms when I am at home. However, the app does not show that the cameras are armed or not, it simply shows that geofencing has been selected. How do I know whether it is recording movement or not when I am away? So far, each time I have used geofencing mode, no motion has ever been detected.....coincidence or not working?! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geofencing is a virtual fence that helps to discover when something or someone enters or exits a pre-defined zone. You can use Arlo Geofencing to arm, disarm, or resume schedule modes, when your mobile device is In Zone or Out of Zone.

For more information on Geofencing and how to set it up, see here: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Geofencing is a virtual fence that helps to discover when something or someone enters or exits a pre-defined zone. You can use Arlo Geofencing to arm, disarm, or resume schedule modes, when your mobile device is In Zone or Out of Zone.

For more information on Geofencing and how to set it up, see here: How does Arlo Geofencing work and how do I set it up?

JamesC