Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The issue is NOT fixed for many people, including myself.  For example, of my 6 server-connected devices (2 base stations, 3 Qs and 1 Q-Plus), only two are working right now.

Donsimmons
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just try to install two new cameras and now I cannot get to the app it looks like I’m sinking but I can’t get to the app on my cell phone
MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mine still showing offline after power cycling again for the 5th time and still showing amber light on base station for internet connection..I'm talking to tech on phone and he acts like he doesn't know about system wide outage..my also shows offline on internet browser login thur my pc ..
dl2_general
Tutor
Tutor

Do you think this is just a matter of waiting for something on arlo side to get back up and running again?

manfredz
Hero
Hero

been back for me a couple of hours.  They're probably bringing things back server by server, country by country

MarkH123
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just got off the phone with arlo netgear tech and he said its still a ongoing issue..the tech also said this was NOT a planned outage that it is a unexpected outage and they are trying to fix..he also said they were giving 12hrs to fix and will notify me via email when fixed and we will have to power cycle base station once issue is fixed...I'm glad My arlos are NOT MY ONLY NOR MAIN security cameras I depend on!!!🙁👎
NNBarton
Initiate
Initiate

I am completely conviced that for the 8 hours I have owned this equipment that I was robbed!

akpj
Aspirant
Aspirant

can not connect so are they down once again?

Klcm
Guide
Guide
With the number of people that seems to be effected they should be liable for any egregious thing that happens during this period. As it stands customers are in the dark about what is going on and/ or when/if it will be repaired.
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

yes

akpj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks

Figures to much black friday I bet 😞

Pherbert58
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m glad to see others are affected. I’ve rebooted numerous times to no avail. It’s not my connection, it’s on Netgear’s side of the house or my base station, which I doubt.
Brybry
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing for me yet
MGorgol
Star
Star

totally frustrating because I got impatient trying to figure out what the deal was. The support person would not level with me and say it was down. So I've ended up resetting my base station and removing the device from my account and trying to add it back with no luck.

At least I know I will be able to resolve my situation but now I will have to spend literally hours resyncing 7 cameras. Why hours???!! Because I have to break out a ladder and go to seven different position around the property. Removing each camera so I can resync within 1-3 feet of the router.

How much of pain!!!

Kreeper256
Aspirant
Aspirant
I agree I bought mines yesterday I was happy but now I'm thinking hard about taking it back for a refund
charley1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
The whole system is screwed up right now. My phone is blowing up with random emails of old recordings that apparently.
“ Arlo just detected”
dl2_general
Tutor
Tutor

manfredz wrote:

been back for me a couple of hours.  They're probably bringing things back server by server, country by country

Did you have to do anything or did it eventually just come back up?

floodofnoise
Guide
Guide

Geez I've been fooling with this thing for over an hour trying to get the cameras back up and running. I'm guessing the servers are down, maybe because of high demand from all the new customers that bought this system over the past couple days. I pretty much wiped everything and now I will have to start from scratch whenever they get back up and running. Really makes you question whether a cloud based solution is the way to go. Netgear should think about allowing local camera recording without the cloud becuase outages like this will leave a pretty bad impression.

Klcm
Guide
Guide
I did the same thing😳😣
batichtchev
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there!

Arlo HD Security camera (3 piece set).

Purchased new. Trying to set up. Connected th base to the router and to the power. Power light is green. Internet light is yellow.

Deffective product? Return to store?

Please let me know.

Regards!

Al

weschain
Initiate
Initiate

Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

splitbumper
Star
Star

It is possible Netgear/Arlo is having issues or may even be their AWS cloud provider.  Earlier today I was receiving authentication errors when trying to connect from my mobile app to see my cameras.  The same thing was happening on the website from my computer too.  Even though the authentication issue seems to be resolved, my base station hasn't successfully connected since all of this started today.  I have rebooted all my internet equipment with no change.  Netgear/Arlo really needs a status page so their users aren't unnecessarily reseting their system and getting very frustrated.

Gellar97
Tutor
Tutor

Working yet? Just got it today and have been struggling all night. Now I see they have server issues...

is is there a site where we can see how their servers are doing?

jasonflanagan94
Aspirant
Aspirant

I arrived home this afternoon not able to disarm the system from my phone. I unplugged my cameras and tried to reconnect. I was unable to reconnect. I removed all devices. But now I cannot add any devices. 

Klcm
Guide
Guide
Unfortunately not that I know of and I have called every number and attempted to access all sites arlo/netgear. This is truly unacceptable.