Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
Klcm
Guide
Guide
Me too....dont know what to do from here. All lines are busy when I attempt to call customer service.😣
Lx1x
Star
Star

Not your unit... There is server issues atm.

peneinna wrote:

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

It's their problem - we can't do anything to fix it. Everyone is having issues.

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I suggest waiting until the servers are stable.  There is an intermittent system-wide outage right now.

eireguy54
Aspirant
Aspirant

Experiencing this very problem, same model. I have tried a factory reset. I have replaced ethernet cable. I restarted the router to which base station is connected and ALL to no avail. Have done this same clown act twice and am disinclined to a third performance. I am ready to go get a replacement, NOT Netgear Arlo.

harley239
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same here... support were are you?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

There are a huge number of devices around the world  all coming back online at the same time.  It could take a while for the fix to reach your base.

As frustrating as it is for now it's a case of just waiting. 

Hopefully we'll get a formal response from Netgear. 

Klcm
Guide
Guide
My sentiments exactly
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Your laptop finds the internet via USB cable??
The reset button can take 10-15 seconds before all the LEDs go orange

therecker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let me start off by saying I am an IT professional with over 20 years as a network administrator and this Arlo has me beyond frustrated. I bought the arlo in a 5 camera system for Black Friday. I brought it home and set it up just the way the  instructions stated. The internet LED never turned green but the power light did. So I followed normal IT troubleshooting steps. I swapped out the ethernet cable that was provided with a known good working cable, still no change. I factory reset the base station, still no change. I plugged the ethernet cable into a different switch port, still no change. My network is setup with a spectrum cable modem -> Cisco MX64 security appliance (no IN to OUT firewall rule restrictions)  -> 24 port gigabit unmanaged switch -> arlo base station. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

hellobethie
Guide
Guide

Entire arlo system is down. There are a ton of threads.

charley1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hope they resolve it soon. Most likely all of the Black Friday idiots that bought systems trying to log in for the first time at the same time! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
GantB
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same problem today. I have had my system for about two years and have not had any issues till today. I believe the Arlo system is having a problem today. 

It's probably not your equipment but their server.

Andyha
Guide
Guide

For a tech company, they have pathetic customer support.  I can't believe they don't post some type of status or send an email alert.  This is pretty important as it is for a security system. Good thing I have still time to return and get my money back if this keeps up.

therecker
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well if that is indeed why mine isn't working then I feel SOOO much better as I was starting to think my IT prowess wasn't so sound today.

Klcm
Guide
Guide
😂😂😂You are right
MickQ
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo based station won’t connect to the internet. I just bought my unit yesterday. What do I need to do?

tinman517
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem is on the Netgear end of things. My system has been down for most of the day. The base station will not connect.

Their facebook page is full of customers asking these very same questions. 

charley1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
Now they are sending me random emails that Arlo has detected motion on one of my cameras. The recordings are more than 12 HOURS OLD! What the heck Netgear? Get your crap together!!
Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been using Arlo cameras for a couple of years, and today for some reason all four of the cameras appear to be offline.  I checked the VMB3000 router, and the 2nd light from the left, which I believe is the internet light, is amber.  I swapped cables with another device that I had confirmed was accessing the internet, but no luck.  I also put in a new internet cable and swapped jacks on my internet router, with no change. 

Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot this situation?  Everything else that's using my router, including my computer and AppleTV, s working.  

I need to resolve this as soon as possible, so please let me know what you recommend.

Thanks.  

Rmohle
Initiate
Initiate

Are you still having issues. I am in Phoenix

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The whole system is down right now.  My suggestion is to wait.

Swells1575
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there an ETA on the system being fixed and back up?
mep123
Apprentice
Apprentice

There seems to be a system wide outage. See numerous other threads and posts. So far, to the best of my knowledge, there's been no official information or updates coming from Netgear. I find that more disappointing than the outage itself.

Jenkinstod
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much.  I feel much better knowing it's probably something else.