Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

peneinna
Follower
Follower

I just changed my modem and now my base won't connect via ethernet cable.  My power light is green, but my internet light is amber. I'm not sure what to do at this  point.  I did a factory reset and light is still amber.  What can I try now?

203 REPLIES 203
dmctexas
Tutor
Tutor

dougie41 wrote:

Could this be related to the server connection issue others are experiencing? 

I'm guessing it is. I was in the middle of setting up our last camera when it went down. Here's hoping it gets fixed fast!

Streak2
Master Master
Master

Dougie, it could very well be related.  For now make sure you have 2 green lights on the base. Wait a bit longer for the fix to propagate to everyone and then try and set up again. 

mvancourt68
Guide
Guide
Joseph ... meaning what? I should look some place else?
Aprinet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Lost connection a few hours ago. Same problem says Arlo Device appears offline and base station won't connect to internet.  Got error messages earlier about system. Cannot restart system from the app the feature is greyed out. Checked with my internet service (Comcast) is fine. Manually rebooted that router and the Arlo base station multiple times the middle light stays amber. Poor customer service to not post any updates if there is an outage. I am on a paid plan and not very happy about lack of communication from Netgear. 

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

There is a fix?

it appears it is happening to more and more people.

ByeArlo
Star
Star

What do you mean by "propagate"? If this is a server issue, shouldn't the fix apply universally anytime you try to reconnect the base station to the internet? How can this be a unit-by-unit rolled out fix?

20tenss
Guide
Guide
Have the same problem I think it’s a system error
Sv7007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just bought the Arlo Pro today from Bestbuy and I cannot get it to connect to the internet. I get a solid Amber light regardless of any troubleshooting steps I have tried. I have read others are having issues today so should I wait a day or 2 to return and replace it or go ahead and return it for a different unit?

20tenss
Guide
Guide
Same issue I think it’s a system error
josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Meaning, at this point, with the amount of posts on multiple threads, all with the same exact issue....there is nothing to do but wait for Netgear to fix it.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Oh, it's probably to do with the network error that happened over the last few hours. Might just have to wait til the issue is resolved 😞

idoe
Guide
Guide

they need to hire more competent tech support

Pherbert58
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s system wide, Netgear hasn’t responded to any of my support requests. Maybe if they posted a blanket statement it would help...
Dawgnut
Aspirant
Aspirant

@dougie41 I would bet a $100 bill.  I purchased mine today and got it set up before the system issues.  If I were you, I would wait until all of this is resolved before investing any more time on it.

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Read the posts

there is an issue right now, the very same issue is happening to a LOT of people.

ByeArlo
Star
Star

Yes, but what stinks is how abysmal Arlo's customer care is -- there is no live support to be had, despite their claims of providing multiple channels. This isn't an entertainment product, it's a security system. Imagine if your alarm company just decided to ignore a major outage and not provide any information!!!

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Agreed

dougie41
Initiate
Initiate

I hope it's fixed soon too.  This is not a good experience for a new customer.  I tried to call Arlo but the USA number they post on this site doesn't work and chat support is offline too, which is extremely frustrating.  I'll most likely retun the system tomorrow and be done with it.  Can't believe I spent almost 1,000 USD on this system and there's no proper support structure in place.  This is how compainies go out of business. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

All of my bases and cameras are working. I had an issue earlier that was a server problem but that's been resolved, at least for me. It might be worth power cycling your bases to see if that resolves the issue.

charley1234
Aspirant
Aspirant
So there was an error message earlier and I could not log into the app. Now I can not connect the base station to my internet. Yes, I did the hard reset. Middle LED stays amber. Yes I removed the base and re-added the base and now Arlo can not find the base station.
josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Already been done, numerous times, still not working, just like all the others

josephgarvey17
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you look at the literally hundreds of posts with the exact same issue?

93C4Coupe
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought this and have been unable to get it to work. Most of the afternoon I got error messages when trying to establish an account. Now the base will not find the internet. I have rebooted the base with no luck. I connected my laptop to the USB cable provided and the laptop find the net without any problem.

Read to try resetting to the factory setting by pressing the reset button and the sync button until all three lights go to amber. Tried this and the lights never change.

Lx1x
Star
Star

Arlo server issues.. Not your unit. Few if not all are having same issues.

Ken672
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Earlier I got a message saying the authentication server was having issues. I turned the base station off for an hour. Now i can see my library but all my cameras are off line.