Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Itbehook
Guide
Guide
I have six cameras and all of them were working fine until two days ago when it rained. After the rain, two cameras no longer work. I contacted support who walked me through every possible fix but they still aren't working. I'm out of my warranty period so they won't send me a replacement. Does anyone in California fix these things? Any other solutions? I feel like I just threw $400 away. I'm so disappointed in Netgear.
9 REPLIES 9
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Was there any moisture in the battery compartment? Mine seem really well weather sealed and have been exposed to a lot of rain without any issues.

I guess if I was in your position, I'd consider replacing the cameras with the Arlo Pro cameras. Not a real solution, sorry, but an option.

Also, with 6 cameras, I guess you're paying a yearly sub. If you can try and dry the cameras out and they work again, you'll have 8 cameras and won't have to pay any more yearly

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you really think it was the rain that penetrated the cameras, try the old cell phone trick of pulling the batteries and putting the cameras in a bag of rice to draw aout the moisture.  No guarantee it will fix anything but it's possible that drying them out could result in working cameras.

Beyond that, make sure the batteries are fresh just in case some were bad.

Itbehook
Guide
Guide
Yes, I found moisture in both cameras. I took out the batteries and left the door open for five days. Switched batteries with new ones and they still don't work. I thought this cameras were weather proof?
steve_t
Master Master
Master
Is it possible you didn't close the battery compartment lid properly?
Itbehook
Guide
Guide
Nope. The doors were both closed properly.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras are waterproof if not damaged and the seals are in place. Anything is possible so if you're convinced that they failed, open a case. I'm sure Netgear would like to know the failure mechanism.

Itbehook
Guide
Guide
The cameras were not damaged and all seals were in place. It wasn't even a hard rain so I have no idea how this happened.

I did open a case and Netgear refused to replace them.
PandR
Aspirant
Aspirant

The same thing just happened to me with the crazy Southern California Rain. I am getting a sephia colored haze on my screen when I view that camera, All the other cameras are still fine

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I'd bring the camera in, open it up and dry it out thoroughly. If it's still an issue you'll have to open a case with support.