Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless enable camera after disabling it.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
FJR
Follower
Follower

Simple: How do I enable a camera after disabling it?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

How did you disable it?  Removed it from the system or simply used Disarmed to stop recordings?  For the former, you'll need to resync the camera as if it were new.  For the latter, choose the Armed mode or any other mode (schedule is not a mode) that activates the camera.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FJR,

In addition to what jguerdat said above, if by "disabled" you mean you have made the camera "inactive" from Settings > Subscription > Manage Camera Status, you can simply drag the camera back into an "active" slot. Please let us know if you are not able to solve the issue!

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Question JamesC ...

If dragging the camera to a n inactive spot as you mention, how does it effect the battery life of such camera ??

Does the camera 'in -effect' stay connected to the base in sleep mode ?? ( but not appear active )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

TomMac,

I have escalated your question to engineering. When I hear back, i'll post the answer here.

JamesC

LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, when it says:

"You can also restart your camera if the problem persists."

what do they mean by "restart", where's the restart button?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart means open and close the battery cover.  Even you should be able to discern that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

LovelyNot,

As jguerdat states above, you can "restart" or power cycle the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. I can see how the verbiage here could be confusing. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will pass this information to the product manager.

JamesC