Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Batteries Suddenly Low

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mboyce154
Follower
Follower
I own three Arlo cameras. I've had two of them for over eight months and one for about two months. Up until about one month ago I really didn't have any problem with battery life with the average lifespan being around 3-4 months. Then all of a sudden the cameras would go from full battery to low over night. I have a battery tester and it would say all batteries were good so I would replace them anyway and try again. I took a case number out with Arlo support and they seemed surprised with my issue and tried to narrow it down to just one camera but it's definitely all three leading me to believe this is a software issue. All cameras are outside and at first I thought it was the cold temperatures but it's been mild for the past week and again this morning I got alerts that 2 of my cameras are low battery after only 1 week since last replaced. Need help here. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just to make sure I understand, it seems to be a display problem and not a real one?

Have you let them run to see what happens?  Do they die as quickly as being reported or do they continue on?  Has something changed in the base-to-camera connection that might be causing interference or other connectivity issue that could cause the cammeras to struggle to maintain connection?  That will cause the batteries to die quickly.  Moving the base station, perhaps even slightly or rotating it, might help.  Has a wireless device been placed near the base that happens to use the 2.4GHz band, such as a wireless phone or even a microwave oven?

Might be worth a power cycle on the base to see if that changes anything, too.