Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wireless cameras will sync but don't appear in app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
adyspencer73
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 3 wire free cameras and a wired Arlo Q. 

Since we had a new wifi router installed, I haven't been able to get the 3 wire free cameras back functioning. 
Basically, they sync with the base, blue light flashes, they appear in my list and even have their names (front room, basement, bedroom) so I know they are syncing with the base. 
But after they sync, on all of my apps and online on my computer, they appear as 'offline'. 

I have no idea how to bring them back - I've tried removing them and adding them dozens of times and have even powered down the base station and 'reset' the base station on multiple occasions. Nada. 

Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
adyspencer73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally solved - had to reinstall the base from the ground up. 
Thanks for the advice! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Have you tried resetting the cameras by opening and then closing the battery door on each camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

adyspencer73 wrote:

I have no idea how to bring them back - I've tried removing them and adding them dozens of times and have even powered down the base station and 'reset' the base station on multiple occasions. Nada. 

When you say reset, do you mean using the reset button?  If so, you also have to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh.  Use the Add Device button in the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

adyspencer73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes sir! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If you mean you did, in fact reset, did you also remove the devices as I posted? 

adyspencer73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Finally solved - had to reinstall the base from the ground up. 
Thanks for the advice!