Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Cdrridg
Star
Star

I've had my Arlo cameras for over a year. Initially we had a LOT of trouble with the cameras going offline every day - then Netgear fixed whatever the issue was - now the issue is back with a vengeance!

I am having to re-start the base station once or twice a day in order to keep the cameras online - What's going on?

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That may just be a brute force method.  Have you tried the app or browser (or a different browser) when this happens? What are the LEDs on the base showing?  Should be 3 green ones from the left.

Cdrridg
Star
Star

When this occurs - there are only 2 lights - the base station is dropping offline - which takes the cameras offline. Thus I restart the base station and we are back in business - for something less than a day...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

OK, so now we have to eliminate possibilities. Start with a known good cable and use a different port on the router. If the symptom remains, the base is problematic and would need a trouble ticket to get a possible RMA.

Edit: while I'm thinking of it, see if you can force the router port to use a set speed. Try 100Mbs and maybe 10Mbs since it could be the automatic speed detection in the router causing issues.

Cdrridg
Star
Star

I'm not convinced any of that is causing the issues - I had these same issues nearly a year ago when I started using Arlo - - now it's back - So there have been no changes to the hardware or system recently....

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So, to follow on with one of my previous suggestions, a trouble ticket for a possible RMA could be useful.  Better than beating your head against a wall.