Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Effect of motion activated lights on quality of Arlo Wireless video quality?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jks7169
Follower
Follower

I have motion activated lights in the exterior entry areas where I'd like to install my Arlo cameras. How will the lights affect Arlo video quality? Can the Arlos be set to start recording a few seconds after motion is detected, when the lights should already be on? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

jks7169 wrote:

I have motion activated lights in the exterior entry areas where I'd like to install my Arlo cameras. How will the lights affect Arlo video quality? Can the Arlos be set to start recording a few seconds after motion is detected, when the lights should already be on? Thanks!

Unfortunately, the Arlo cameras will not come on when external lights come on. They may record in daylight mode if the external lights produce enough ambient light, but Arlo will have to do its own motion detection.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Depending on the exact scenario, the flash of external lights MAY cause the camera to detect "motion" (actually, just a change in the scene). Not something that you can count on so make sure your camera detection is optimized by minimizing the view the camera has and that motion is across the FOV.