Arlo wireless camera - difficulty registering from invite suggestion [Potential Fix]
Initial setup was somewhat simple. be sure to sync camera and base before trying to setup the account (instructions were not clear on this.) Inviting a friend (family member) was a HUGE pain, and customer service was useless. When the invite is received, you go to your email (preferably from computer, not your phone.) Each time I clicked on the invite link (token), it took me to the create account page. I'd enter the email and password and click submit. ZERO. The arlo logo popped up for a sec and then nothing. This happened over and over. LIke I said, chat was useless. I had to figure this out on my own. BE SURE POP-UPS ARE ALLOWED IN YOUR BROWSER.
If you still have difficulty registering the "friend" account after allowign pop-ups, follow below:
1. be sure admin rights is selected for the "friend" you are inviting (you send an email invite.)
2. go to the create account page from the link that is emailed and enter the friend's email and create a password.
3. when you get ignored, click on "forgot."
4. enter the "friend" email you used to try to create the "friend" account.
5. It may take a bit but you will receive a link to reset password.
6. Once the password is reset, THEN, there will be a response and you will have to agree to a slew of things.
7. NOW the "friend" can log into the account on their device.
8. You must create this "friend" account beause only one person can be logged in at a time per email address.
I hope this helps someone because this was a very frustrating feature to enable. I see others complained about it but the glitch persists...