Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera wont connect ti hub

Had this for about 2 years. No problems prior to the batteries running flat this time. Have done a base reset. Left with a green light for power and internet and Amber for camera.

Blue light on camera flashing before a rapid orange flash if I hold it's sync button. Camera soon stops all flashing lights whilst the base continues for a while longer before returning to Amber.

Is there a fix to get the camera to 're connect?

14 REPLIES 14
brh
Master
Master

@Jbcos

A couple of things you can try here. Do a quick press on the camera's sync button and see if that doesn't correct the problem. Or quickly press on the sync button on your base, (DO NOT hold it for two seconds), and try re-syncing the camera, (quick press on the camera's sync button).

Brian

Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
The Amber light returns to the camera icon on the base each time I try this.
brh
Master
Master

@Jbcos

I am assuming this is one of the original cameras with 4 CR123 batteries. Try removing the batteries and reinserting them to see if the camera's firmware will reset. Then try to re-sync it. You might have to try this several times since the batteries went totally flat. I believe I read somewhere that you might have to try this up to 10 times.

After that you might consider the camera to be bricked. Being out of warranty you will probably have to pay for customer support. Cheaper just to replace the camera.

Brian

Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried new batteries and attempted the reset and sync many times but with no luck. Will the newer camera's work with the original hub?
brh
Master
Master

@Jbcos

Yes.

If you replace this camera, don't discard it until you are sure that the new camera works and that the problem is not related to the base.

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Jump back. An amber Camera LED means the base needs to be claimed. You have to do that before syncing.

Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera itself flashed blue then switches to Amber.

The base is now showing the camera led as Amber. Previously it was not illuminated until I hit reset.
Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you
brh
Master
Master

@Jbcos

Is it working now?

Since there have been so many firmware releases lately that I assumed that the camera's firmware was corrupted so I wanted to give you a couple of quick things to try if that were the case as I have had similar indications after a firmware has been released. But, jguerdat is correct. 

Brian

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The fact that you reset the base means it has to be claimed again. Nothing will work until that happens.

Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have removed everything from the app and then added the base again.

The camera led on the base is not illuminated.

When syncing it does flash but the camera led flashes blue then orange before everything stops.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, the base is claimed. Be sure to only briefly press the base sync button - don't hold it. Is that what you've been doing? What exactly is the LED on the camera blinking - describe it in detail. Blue then a solid amber means dead batteries.

Jbcos
Aspirant
Aspirant
Quick tap of the sync button on the base and the base camera light flashes green.

Quick tap of the sync button on the camera and the blue light flashes at what seems a normal speed. Not fast or slow, after a while it flashes a rapid Amber before stopping.

The camera then does nothing.
The base finally stops flashing green and returns to being unilluminated.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Restart the base and try again. If no good, it may be fastest to reset the system and start fresh. If you do this, remove all devvices in Settings, My Devices and then use the Add Device button (web) or + (app) to claim the base. Sync the cameras.