Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary
I don't understand WHY all of my 4 cameras stop synking with my base model VMS3430.
I DID EVERYTHING, but nothing works..Before I reset my base, she was looking my 4 cameras BUT cameras were not connected leaving me without security...
Is this because I refuse to give my credit card to Arlo ? I don't use their service so why do they need my credit card ?
Cameras don't sync anymore with the base and I can't do more...
I also changed the cable that connects to the base, nothing works
Please help
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Slow down and give a complete blow-by-blow description of what you've tried and what you see. You don't need to provide a credit card if you have 5 or fewer cameras for your account. What we need to know, besides EVERYTHING, is what the base LEDs are showing, whether you're the original person who set up the system, what you're trying to do (it sounds like a second person is involved), etc.

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

Hello again, I bought the Arlo 4 camera and base kit shortly after launching this kind of wireless Wi-Fi cameras. In the past, Netgear was the one who took care of the updates and storage of the so-called cameras that I have maintained on my own for many years. So I know very well how they work and how to re-sync them when changing batteries.

But lately all 4 cameras stopped working and I tried to re-sync them by removing the batteries and pressing the Sync button on the top of the camera while the blue light was flashing ... and none of the cameras failed to re-sync. The light turned amber whatever the camera and the camera no longer reconnected to the base while the base told me that it was seeing all 4 cameras. So I restarted the base, I checked if the modem saw it and I tried to re-synchronize each of the cameras by taking out the batteries and put them again in the camera and  pressing the Sync of the base and doing the same on each camera. The cameras flash blue quickly, then press  on Sync but instead of connecting the light turns orange on the cameras and no green light comes on to show that the camera is connected to the base

... Only the first 2 base lights are green. I also restart my modem/router  I checked if the modem saw it and I tried to re-synchronize each of the cameras by pressing on the Sync of the base and doing the same on each camera. The cameras flash blue quickly, I then weigh on Sync but instead of connecting the light turns orange on the cameras and no green light comes on to show that the camera is connected to the base ... Only the first 2 base lights are green. I also restart my modem to see if it changed something but nothing happened I therefore decided to Reset the base as described by Arlo and I re-try to reconnect each of the cameras as I did the first time but none of the cameras succeed in synchronizing with the base...

I read somewhere than it can be a port of the modem/router that could be Disable...buit i did'nt found this information anywhere in the  Arlo's Help ...

So any suggestions ?

(sorry for my english)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Because the Camera LED is off, the base has somehow become disconnected with your account. The fastest way to get going is to remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh claiming the base first.

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

HI JGuerdat When I reset the base, is it automatically erased? the 4 cameras ... So I took the batteries out of all the cameras and I try to sync them again by pressing the Sync button on the base and on the camera ... As I say, on the camera, the blue light blinks fast but they don't connect to the base and an orange light (? amber) starts blinking every 10 seconds for about 5 minutes and then stops blinking ... forgot to say you then I also try to change the cable that connects to the modem As you can see in this photo, no camera is detected Can you give me a link

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

I try to put some pictures but it don't workarlo firmware.jpg

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

Base information VMB3010r2

Firmware 1.16.63_1109_e9ee661

Cassidy
Luminary
Luminary

Screenshot_20211010-121425_Arlo.jpg

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cassidy wrote:

I try to put some pictures but it don't work

Embedded pictures are manually reviewed and approved, which can take a little while.