Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo vs Arlo Pro - Summary of Features Differences

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Clark711
Follower
Follower

I am looking to buy an Arlo system, but I'm very confused about all the models, Pro, non-Pro.

Costco has a two-camera Arlo system at a good price.   Then I come on-line to check out the details, and now am confused.

Is there a summary listing of features of Arlo vs Arlo Pro ?    Where ?

I'm looking for a basic home system, probably 3 cameras, motion detection, siren is important.

On this website, the list for Arlo does not show siren but does for Pro.   Does non-Pro not have a siren ?    Other feature differences ?

Thanks,

Clark711

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clark711,

For a side-by-side comparison, take a look here and click the "compare" link: Arlo Products & Accessories

JamesC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
manfredz
Hero
Hero

As you observed, the Pro has a siren built into the base station, the Arlo basic doesn't

The Pro comes with a rechargeable battery but the basic doesn't but can use rechargeable RCR123A batteries (from Tenergy are authorized) but these rechargeables are often hard to buy outside of Canada and the USA.

Although both have USB ports they are not useable on the basic, but can be used for local storage on the PRO

The PRO cam has 2-way sound; the basic doesn't

I believe the PRO also has a better cam but not sure there.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo camera was the original , Arlo Pro is sort of second gen.

Arlo uses 4-123type batteries/or rechargeables approved by Netgear

Pro use a single battery pack

Arlo used a PIR devcie to detect motion

Pro uses a dual PIR device to detect motion ( does it a bit better and faster )

Pro has audio, Arlo does not

The siren and local usb drive backup are on the PRO BASE only so the regular Arlo base does not have it

Both  cameras came be used on either base ( fully compatable )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clark711,

For a side-by-side comparison, take a look here and click the "compare" link: Arlo Products & Accessories

JamesC

georgebalanchin
Tutor
Tutor

In the battle of Arlo vs Arlo Pro, I'd say that the Pro version is way better. To make at as simple as possible, the Arlo Pro model allows the owner to gain full control over the indoor and outdoor activity. It's flexible, more reliable and secure.

So don't spare a few bucks since the Pro version can offer a lot more comfort and features.