Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo updated app 4.0 won't open on my android OS 9

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Arlo updated app 4.0 won't open on my android.  I was told you need version 5 or higher and I have version 9.  When I clicked on the new app, it gave me a white box saying 'app not working' with options:  app info, close app, and send feedback.  Help!!!!!  I wished I had auto updates shut off but I didn't.  It updated overnight.

4 REPLIES 4
b_k
Luminary
Luminary

I tried uninstalling, rebooting then reinstalling.  still won't work.

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, I am reaching out to you because the new update for the phone app, 4.0, won't open.  I have reinstalled, rebooted and still nothing.  I have version 9 on my phone which arlo says we have to have higher than version 5, which I do.  The app updated overnight and today I cannot open it.  When I click on the icon, I get the box that says arlo app won't open and I get the options for app info, close app, send feedback.  This is so frustrating!!  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently reviewing reports of this behavior and is working on a resolution. I will provide an update once we have more information available to share in the community.

JamesC

b_k
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you very much.  I did contact support and they wanted me to upgrade my phone to OS 10, however, I can't do that.  There is no option.  I hope they can fix this soon, I need to view the camera when I am not home due to many break ins in my area.  They gave me a case number, but when I tried to get back in touch with them, I am being told by the 'bot' that I don't have support.  So, I then reached out to you.