Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo - they all quit working after 1-2 years

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Rebecca073
Guide
Guide

I would highly recommend that no one purchases an Arlo camera system. They are amazing for 1-2 years and then they completely give out. The customer service is zero help once you pass the warranty period (1 year) and there are several other camera systems out there that are much more worth your money. Also, did you know Arlo doesn't even monitor this community page? They don't actually help you based on any posts you put here, they say it's for "community" purposes only. I gave many chances, I troubleshooted 10x with support over and over again. I'm exhausted, it is not worth my time. I went to the BBB website and their profile is being updated so you cannot file a complaint, funny. Just please trust me, spend your money elsewhere. 

9 REPLIES 9
shortbread
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had problems all along with the dependability and gave up contacting support after hours and hours of wasted time trying when it was always a reoccurring problem having to restart the whole system otherwise nothing worked right at all.   now 1 year in only one camera left out of the set i bought.   i did buy a wire free essentials spotlight and it seems to be a lot better than the first set but i have had charging issues a few times and its only 4 months old.  funny when i type in the model number it says its invalid or comes up a base station.  so yes I also do not recommend to anybody that values their time to purchase any of their products 

Linusl
Luminary
Luminary
You never wrote what cameras you have and what type of weather you have were you live.

Ive had my arlo pros for about 4-5 years without any problema at all. From -25C during winter to +35C summer without any battery problems or camera problems.

My arlo pro 3 Ive had for about 3months only but no problem so far.
CGRaven
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the 5 pack original all wireless in 2014 or 15. They didn't even recommend rechargeable batteries back then. All still working. And support was helpful when I did have issues last summer. 

Don't agree with this at all. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Linusl wrote:

My arlo pro 3 Ive had for about 3months only but no problem so far.

I have had 4 Pro3's for a year now and no problems also. Had 2 or so minor ones but nothing a simple reboot of Hub or cameras didn't fix. 

shortbread
Aspirant
Aspirant
The winters in Michigan have not always been this mild but in comparing it with where ever you are -13 F for Winter lows isn’t that far off from our normal. The camera description at the top of the first message sent ,also this reply. It is the first information that has to be input before you post or reply . VMC3030 Three camera kit is what I bought and unfortunately it has not been all that I hoped for . I live off grid in a rural city where I am the only one that is 💯 % completely un- attached from utilities totally self - sufficient so the wire free was a big seller for me so when I seen this product I grabbed. To add the cost of batteries for this set was average $16/camera every month @ 3 cams = well more than I spent on the kit if you fig it all out. I did catch someone with sticky fingers which was gratifying, it was some old used tires they took then returned after they saw the camera feed on Facebook. so really that was what made it all worth it , the unknown experience that came along in the little box with the hummingbird on it. I hope for you all is well! BlessGodEveyone
dcfox1
Master
Master

@shortbread  If you live 100% off the grid with no utilities how did they work at all without internet? 

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice
4-5 years with no problems at all?

I don’t believe you.
shortbread
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do have internet. My router is ran off the power I get from the sun. I cook, produce hot water and heat with wood, also I use propane (for backup only). I have only two bills that I pay for my home and really it’s only three payments a year. I have taxes twice and insurance once.
shortbread
Aspirant
Aspirant
I guess if you choose not to believe it’s your choice. I have only one question. Why? Please explain.
I think it’s fantastic that you have had your system for that long!! For me unfortunately not so much, I must have done something really bad when I was a kid. Nevertheless i do anticipate your answer. Thank you and
bless god everyone