Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo stopped recording

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NDDLKevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

2 or 3 weeks ago Arlo stopped recording video. I still get alerts for motion, but when I go to the app, there are no videos. I can access the live feed on the 2 cameras and doorbell without any problem, but it simply stopped recording. Nothing else has changed. I’ve restarted the hub multiple times and even plugged in a USB for additional recording but it still doesn’t work. Any suggestions.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You don't mention what cameras but the doorbell and any camera newer than the Pro 2 require a subscription. They come with a 3 month free trial. After that you need to subscribe to a plan to get cloud recordings. Check Settings, Subscription.

NDDLKevin
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense for the doorbell, although I didn’t realize you needed a subscription for basic video recording. I thought that was only needed for enhanced functionality. The other two cameras are Arlo Pro (I’ve had them for a couple years) and they seem to be spotty on what is getting recorded to the hub. I’m getting more alerts to motion and only a couple recordings. Didn’t have this problem before.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro cameras are grandfathered into the free 7 day plan so recording isn't affected. It appears that you don't pay for any plan at the moment but you should see the videos in the library as well as your hub (assuming you've set up local recording). More detail as to your setup and use would be useful.

You may need to adjust your motion detection settings in modes and rules as well as doing some testing. Ensure that they're working as you need.

JG3325
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue as was described in this thread. My Arlo Pro cameras (4 of them) recorded video for years until the beginning of November. Now, none of them record. I've never needed a subscription before to view recordings and don't plan to buy one now since that wasn't the deal I signed up for when I purchased the cameras. Apparently, my cameras are supposed to be "grandfathered" in for 7-day recording as far as I can see (from other chat posts) but that doesn't tell my how to get them to start recording again. Arlo support is apparently non-existent without a subscription. Yes, I've tried the Bill Gates Method (turn everything off--in this case--remove/replace the batteries in each of the cameras and unplug/re-plug the hub). Nothing works. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JG3325,

Check your active mode to make sure the base station is Armed. If the mode is disarmed, the cameras will not record.

JamesC