Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MH_2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Everyone,

I set my Arlo's up recently and I had them recording and notifying me when I leave and come back. For some reason I got my morning recording but no the evening one. The setup is armed, connected as I can live connect them. I ran motion tests and was able to see the LED to prove the motion detection. 

The cameras are working and connected to the base station. The base station is connected to the internet. The App on Android, browser and iOs indicates connection, motion capture, 99% battery. They simply do not capture when I walk and wave in front of them.

I reset them and it works for a time then doesn't and just stops. My motion sensitivity is 85% on both cameras. They are basic cameras connected to a Pro basestation. There is no external storage plugged in for the moment. When it stops working and I am standing in front of it waving, system set armed and cameras report motion capture and connection they can even go live and record, but motion capture doesn't happen.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

MH_2017,

It could be due to distance or the sensitivity is too low to pick up very little motion (such as waving your hand). Consider increasing sensitivity to see if you get better results.

Also, take a look here for positioning tips for best performance: How do I position my Arlo Wire-Free or Arlo Pro Wire-Free camera?

JamesC

MH_2017
Aspirant
Aspirant

Definitely not a signal or sensitivity issue. Guaranteed neither of these are the issue. The Arlo's are 5 metres from their base station. The sensitivity is set 85%. The distance to motion detection is less than 5 metres from the camera locations. I reset the base station and it works for the morning then by the afternoon it is not detecting. Even though it is detecting in the morning.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Post screenshots or videos of what the camera sees.