Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Eagle619
Follower
Follower

My Arlo security system is disarming by itself or someone is breaking in. This is a very uncomfortable situation. I think someone has hacked my system, Is there a way like a 2 step process to add an extra layer of security, or get a printout from Arlo of what Mac address someone is logging in from. All help and suggestions are greatly appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Change your password. Make sure you haven't granted access with access rights to anyone else

jmboren73
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same thing, but it is losing the rules that are set up in modes as well. I called customer support, but was told to wait 24hrs to see if the new update would resolve the issue. but it has not. If others are having similar issues please post it so that Netgear can see how many users it is affecting.

Thanks

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it from any particular mode? Schedule?

jmboren73
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems to be all of them, but I had a custom mode and the armed mode erased every 30 min. or so. thus, the system will not activate siren. I have contacted customer support via phone. Her recommendation was to activate through the website and not the app, but it still loses all saved rules in the modes. Just checked, still not working at this point.

Please advise for a work around.

Thank you.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I guess the best thing to do would be to start from scratch. Remove all cameras. Remove the base station. Factory reset the base station with a paper clip etc until the green power LED goes amber. Wait for it to restart and reconnect. Go into the app and add base station. Then add each camera. Then recreate your custom modes. It's a total pain in the A but probably the only way you'll get your system functioning properly by the sounds of things