Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

The cams always show 50% or less after a full charge, usually chrged for days.  Sometimes it's real close to 0% and even if I replace the batteries the displayed charge level doesn't change.    Before I start looking into all the variables, including customer service, is this a known issue?   And has anyone been informed of a fix?

7 REPLIES 7
YJB
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have had three Arlo camerals for a couple of years.  Two of the cameras work well.  One of them has never worked right.  It works for one day, shows the battery as fully charged and then the next day is no longer connected to the Internet and the batteries are dead.  Batteries are not cheap and replacing them without knowing what is causing the problem is not satisfying.  Anyone having similar issues with the original Arlo?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Corkey05 and YJB,

Is this happening through the Arlo app on your phone device and/or the web client on your computer?

Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica - actually both the Arlo app and the web client show the same charge levels.  Sometimes zero yet the cam still works.  This comes & goes with each of my six cameras.  At times it clears up on one, but begins to show up on another cam thats been doing fine.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

You post appears to say your using rechargeables in the Arlo HD cameras...?

if so are you using li-ion cells that are listed as 3.7v?

if not ( using other voltage cells) or using LiFePO type cells, that could be an issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, ... they are rechargable Li-Ion.   I've tried 3 different "authorised" brands.

But, to clearify the I have the same issue with standard non-chrgable 3.7v Arlo batteries.  So the issue remains no matter what battery I use.

Corkey05
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW .. I am using the  - Tenergy rechargeable RCR123A batteries recommended by Arlo.

Recommended here - https://kb.arlo.com/290/What-kind-of-batteries-does-my-Arlo-camera-use

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for the info as some of the rechargables just act wacky in the Arlos...

( btw, the non rechargeables are 3v cells but will read at 3.2v when new on a voltmeter )

Also just watch, clean the contacts now and then in the camera as if the cells don't sit well in camera, the reading can be 50% as the cameras really run on 2 sets of 2 cells ,,, so if one doesn't make contact then your working on 1/2 power

20170414_074533.jpg

Morse is faster than texting!