Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ross321
Tutor
Tutor

I've researched other security cameras, and some have problems sending notices/ pictures to "free" email accounts like Yahoo.  The information required to configure those notices is not readily available. 

Is setting up Arlo's to send email notices to Yahoo accounts straightforward?  Or does the configuration require information that Yahoo does not provide? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

It is completely simple and straightforward.  Pretty much when you register your system they'll ask for your email address; then it defaults to your camera(a) settings [to receive notifications].  There in settings you can change or add an email address, or opt out of getting notifications.  In the time it took you to read my response to your question you could be completely finished.  This is unequivocally a NON problem.  Enjoy!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
R_Lowe
Luminary
Luminary

It is completely simple and straightforward.  Pretty much when you register your system they'll ask for your email address; then it defaults to your camera(a) settings [to receive notifications].  There in settings you can change or add an email address, or opt out of getting notifications.  In the time it took you to read my response to your question you could be completely finished.  This is unequivocally a NON problem.  Enjoy!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure you read your confirmation email since there's a link you need to click on the be totally configured.  I missed it...

WadeShuler
Star
Star

The Arlo emails are sent using Amazon SES, which is (now) a large email service that is recognized. It is among the top email services out there, along with MailGun, SendGrid, and others. You can see this when you get an alert from Arlo, it says the email comes from "alerts@arlo.com via amazonses.com".

I use Gmail, and haven't done anything special, and my alerts hit the inbox just fine. Sometimes, they do show up under the promotions tab, which usually happens when I have back to back alerts.

If you have any issues with Yahoo, try to add "alerts@arlo.com" to your whitelist. Send an email to that address, just saying "test", and add it to your contacts. Setup a rule where if email is "alerts@arlo.com" move to inbox, or better yet, if email contains "@arlo.com" move to inbox.

pask2m12
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I set up my Arlo, I have never yet received any motion alerts.  I cannot get the Arlo system to work.  I had it partially working once, but now cannot get it to work.  My system is going back to the store Monday...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's obviously your choice but perhaps a complete reset and starting over would help.  We users are here to help if we can since we've been through the experience ourselves.  What problems are you having?  Have you set up rules and modes under settings?  Perhaps just starting with the basic all motion on/off modes would be a good idea to test and get familiar with the system and it's mindset.