Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Failure to install

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SimonWaldemar
Follower
Follower

Purchased Arlo camera system. Connected to basestation as instructed and registered account. When asked to sync all the right lights appeared on camera and base-station. However, page on account does not move beyond 'How to sync camera'. No equipment has been recognised on my account settings. This should not be nuclear science -should set up in minutes - not hours!! Very frustrating. Should I return goods to retailer (Maplins)? Tried all the necessary actions recommended by trouble-shooting. Nothing works...

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SimonWaldemar,

Welcome to the community! When you say no equipment has been recognized, does this include the base station? Your base station will show as the first thing under "settings" along with "modes" "rules" "base station settings" if it was successfully added to your account. If it is not showing here, please consider a factory reset of the base station by holding down the sync button and the red reset button on the back of the base station until all LEDs flash amber. After the base comes back online (solid green power and solid green internet LED) go to "subscriptions" within your account, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "add a base station". After the base station is added to the account you may then start syncing cameras.

One thing to keep in mind while following this process is the device you are using to add the base station to the account must be on the same network as the base station itself. Let me know if this resolves the issue!

Thank you!

JamesC