Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo recording issues

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Learning123
Follower
Follower

Have done a lot of looking around on the internet, and a theme seems to be failure to record, a fairly long delay between motion and recording when recording does happen, and battery challenges

Do these still exist today?

I'm not that much of a tech person

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Mostly solved with the Arlo Pro cameras. Much faster recording on motion detection and rechargeable batteries

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

Still waiting for an answer.  Cameras are not recording upon motion.  Manually records. Can watch video if I pick a camera. When done it goes back to a screen from months ago.

I have disconnected the whole ssytem. re synched cameras. shutoff and did a complete restart of modum. No updates are coming in at night. Been this way for months now. Good internet speed. can stream vids to a smart TV with no buffering. 

New system in June of 2016. worked great at first.  What can be done?  Wanted cameras for security but just have decorations on my house now.   

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

Why would we have to buy new cameras when our sytems are new.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What have you tried? Are all the devices' firmware up to date? What modes are you using? Are the running men black or gray in the Devices tab? What are the WiFi indicators showing for strength?
Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

I have tried everything as noted in my 1st post.  Firmware will Not update. 

I am not familular with this "men black or Grey"

Record upon motion detected.

WiFi is full strenght.  Also it is directly connected to the modum. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I posted how to check for the running men - look at the Devices tab and check to see what the running men look like - either gray or black.  This is an important item to know about when using this system.

I asked about what modes you're using - we need to know the name of the mode that's selected.  That relates to the running men's color.

You don't mention what WiFi strength you're talking about.  We need to know about the WiFi between the cameras and base, not your home WiFi.  Using the same page as for the running men, the WiFi indicator is what we need to know about.

If all is well, it would seem that a reset of the system would be in order.  However, we need to know the other stuff first before recommending this.

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

sorry do not see your post of how to check the runing man. But any way

I am in my devices.  the man is black outlined. the wifi is full 3 bars.  Batt. is full power. 

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

I have done a full system restart. disconnected all devices and re sysched. shut off system, the shutoff modum and then turned modum back on wait till all proper WIFI lights are on and then turned Arlo on.  all the same issues.  waited for a few days for overnight updates..nothing.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then I'd suggest a full reset and start fresh.  Remove ALL devices from Settings, My Devices. Open and close all battery doors (if Pro cameras, remove the battery and replace). Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.  That should fix pretty much anything.  If not, you'll have to open a case with support.

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

I have tried that 2 times now.  and put in new batteries and tried a few different shutdown and restart steps.  

I really appreciate your help but all the troubleshooting answers from everyone and tech support are the same and they do not work.  It seems to be a common problem with Arlo.  

Seehas1975
Guide
Guide

What is the latest firmware update for Arlo camera

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Original: 12.10342
Pro: 1.090.0.0_9942

Not a common problem but a problem nonetheless. Continue to use support or, if possible, swap at the store.