Arlo - rechargeable batteries

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
debsk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are the Arlo rechargeavle batteries ok to use with the regular Arlo model?  All I see is that they are for the Arlo Pro?  thx!!

8 REPLIES 8
manfredz
Hero
Hero

if you look at the Arlo accessories page you'll see that Netgear certifies the Tenergy 3.7 volt gold colored rechargeable, available in some countries through Amazon as well as other sources.

If you check other threads, you'll see some users have had success with other rechargeables.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Arlo Pro uses a proprietary power pack. 
Arlo uses CR123A batteries. For rechargeable ones of these, you should consider the Tenergy ones that are endorsed by Netgear

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/arlo/tenergy_rechargeable_battery_charger.aspx

debsk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the info

debsk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I finally found the right ones

debsk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you - I appreciate the info

manfredz
Hero
Hero

Don't know if I only made this mistake but throwing it out there.

I first accidentally ordered the Tenergy 3.0 V (they're silver colored unlike the correct 3.7 gold colored Tenergys).  They will work but only for a few hours.

debsk8
Aspirant
Aspirant

thank you...  I finally found the gold colored ones on Arlo's website and ordered.  I didn't realize the Arlo Pro had a different type of battery as all I could find was info on rechargeable batteries for the Arlo Pro and I only have the plain ol' Arlo.  I like the Arlo but didn't realize when I bought it that the batteries run out really quickly unless the camera only records for a very short length of time and for my purposes (using as a nanny cam for my bedridden father) I need a longer more frequent recording.  Any and all information has been helpful! 

steve_t
Master Master
Master

debsk8 wrote:

thank you...  I finally found the gold colored ones on Arlo's website and ordered.  I didn't realize the Arlo Pro had a different type of battery as all I could find was info on rechargeable batteries for the Arlo Pro and I only have the plain ol' Arlo.  I like the Arlo but didn't realize when I bought it that the batteries run out really quickly unless the camera only records for a very short length of time and for my purposes (using as a nanny cam for my bedridden father) I need a longer more frequent recording.  Any and all information has been helpful! 

You may find the Arlo Q or Arlo Q Plus or Arlo Baby are more suited to your needs here. They run plugged in so no need for batteries but it does have an inbuilt rechargeable battery as well so you can use it untethered for a while. Check them out at the website