Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

We have loved our Arlo and it has given us good home security for just under a year. For a few weeks I’ve had the system offline, and came around to bring it back online today.

Attached is the picture quality that I am now getting through Arlo. Obviously I’m not impressed! Any ideas?
1C0EAB35-B944-4D33-8996-1DB054F1B2E2.png
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's either condensaton on lens or the IR illumination is reflecting off object and washing out picture.

Wipe down or re-adjust camera

( did you take it down or move it when bringin back on line (battery change ))

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
I took it down to redo the batteries, it’s the only way I can do it.

I’m beginning to believe it’s condensation too although I can’t see any evidence at all of it. Attached is a picture of the unit itself.

Is there anything I can do? They aren’t cheap bits of kit to be replacing every 12 months because of this.
4F354DDD-19B3-4A8A-A3CE-7DDEFE0F9446.png
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also get the same problem regardless of where my unit is, so I don’t think it’s reflection. These are my units side by side. Identical models.
248A4C4A-F12F-4A37-B719-C99D8EA3C756.png
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that moisture has gotten inside. If you've cleaned the lens and it's still the same thing, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I might be being really thick - It's not beyond me - but how do I contact Arlo using that link? The only thing I can see if either a phone number - which I prefer not to do when doing things like this as I like to have a paper trail to fall back on - and live chat, which I don't mind doing but when I click the live chat it just opens a blank pop up thaqt doesn't do anything (using latest version of Chrome)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those are your only options. The blank chat window has been reported many times - if that's how you choose to contact Arlo, try different browsers, maybe on different devices, at different times.