Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo picture quality suddenly deteriorated

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi all,

We have loved our Arlo and it has given us good home security for just under a year. For a few weeks I’ve had the system offline, and came around to bring it back online today.

Attached is the picture quality that I am now getting through Arlo. Obviously I’m not impressed! Any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

That's either condensaton on lens or the IR illumination is reflecting off object and washing out picture.

Wipe down or re-adjust camera

( did you take it down or move it when bringin back on line (battery change ))

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
I took it down to redo the batteries, it’s the only way I can do it.

I’m beginning to believe it’s condensation too although I can’t see any evidence at all of it. Attached is a picture of the unit itself.

Is there anything I can do? They aren’t cheap bits of kit to be replacing every 12 months because of this.
RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also get the same problem regardless of where my unit is, so I don’t think it’s reflection. These are my units side by side. Identical models.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that moisture has gotten inside. If you've cleaned the lens and it's still the same thing, open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

RealFireflies
Aspirant
Aspirant

I might be being really thick - It's not beyond me - but how do I contact Arlo using that link? The only thing I can see if either a phone number - which I prefer not to do when doing things like this as I like to have a paper trail to fall back on - and live chat, which I don't mind doing but when I click the live chat it just opens a blank pop up thaqt doesn't do anything (using latest version of Chrome)

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Those are your only options. The blank chat window has been reported many times - if that's how you choose to contact Arlo, try different browsers, maybe on different devices, at different times.