Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I have no idea if a recent app update causing this issue. Normally I get full bar for the link between the base and the camera. They are not too far away about 8-10 feet only. I realized today it kept showing 2 bars. I tried the best to move the base to close to the window about 1 feet closer still showing the same result. My cam has 40% battery. Can lower battery causes this? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I did an adjusment few days ago and it's full bar again.

I realize if the base is like 5-6 feet higher than the camera, the reception drops.

My base was 3 feet above in the 2nd floor. The camera was installed under the first floor roof. The camera should be about 5-6 feet lower han the base. I lowered the base like 1 feet above so the camera was like 3-4 feet below the base. The reception was improved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No but newer firmware may give more accurate indications.  If it's working ok and you see now difference, don't sweat it.

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I did an adjusment few days ago and it's full bar again.

I realize if the base is like 5-6 feet higher than the camera, the reception drops.

My base was 3 feet above in the 2nd floor. The camera was installed under the first floor roof. The camera should be about 5-6 feet lower han the base. I lowered the base like 1 feet above so the camera was like 3-4 feet below the base. The reception was improved.

msazone
Luminary
Luminary

I also noticed that the Release Notes – Arlo Wire-Free Camera v1.2.11810 – 26th July 2017 which shows "Battery level reporting issue". This makes sense why my full bar suddently dropping to 2 bars.