Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot reset router VMB3000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Lew_Cain
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to reset my router numerous times with the reset button and the synch button (per the FAQs) with no luck. Powered down for 1 hour then tried again, no luck. The internet connection light stays orange and the power led stays blue.

My network router was reset for the wireless network IP change from 192.168.2.x range to 192.168.0.x, and the dynamic wired Ethernet range which requires the VMB3000 to receive a new dynamic IP. I have not found a way to log directly into the VMB3000 to modify the settings there.

I do see the MAC address from the VMB3000 within my network router wired clients list, but it still will not connect to the internet.

2 REPLIES 2
Lew_Cain
Aspirant
Aspirant

BTW - The system has been operational for 18 months, the Ethernet cable is good, and my ports are not blocked. The base station is wired to my DMZ in my router.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First the FAQ you read about the reset must have been back to 2015 ,...as in 2016, the reset changed to hold ONLY the reset button for 10+ secs till the front leds flashed amber...then let the base reboot.

Second, there is NO access into the base unit , the unit will automatically get an IP address dynamicly.

Third, the Power led BLUE??? thats a new one to me , have no idea

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------