Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dcapp
Tutor
Tutor

I have two Arlos set up at remote cabin. They have worked fine for weeks. Now all I get is offline message for last 3 days. I know I have power and Internet at cabin as I have other cameras and sensors that are working. Arlos had fresh batteries and 3 days ago showed full battery in each. Now I am 1000 miles away, is there anything I can do remotely or am I stuck until next time I am out there?

4 REPLIES 4
Streak2
Master Master
Master

I have had the same issue on one of my installations.

The only fix was to power cycle the base. Maybe someone there has access who can do this for you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can you access the base station and use the Restart button in Settings, My Devices, your base?  If not, yeah, someone will have to be physically present.

A possibility is that there was a power outage, however brief.  Consider a UPS/battery backup to connect your modem, router and base to.  You don't need to spend big bucks - $100-150 should do it.  That way an outage won't affect your network or Arlo system.

Dcapp
Tutor
Tutor

After being offline for 10 days, my Arlo cameras are back online.  As I indicated in my original post, the cameras are at a remote cabin and no one has been there.  During those 10 days, I know I had power and internet because I have other cameras and sensors that were working.

Do these Arlo base stations sometimes reset themselves?

Streak2
Master Master
Master

It's possible that the power went off and then back on again even momentarily and reset the base in the process.