Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
jdsandara
Guide
Guide

I only bought my cameras a couple days ago and they have been recording great up until right before I got home today.  While I was leaving work I check and I had notifications that the cameras had recorded, but when I looked there were no new recordings.  Once I was home a short while later, none of the cameras recorded any movement.  The app and website both did not show the movement, battery or volume indicators as if they weren't connected to the base.  I checked the base and all the lights were green.

I turned the base off then on again and everything is fine now.  But I need to know what happened and if this happens again, how can I fix it if I'm not home. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can restart your base station through the app or web browser if you feel you need to

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
manfredz
Hero
Hero

May not be the same thing but I've had a few cases where in my PC browser settings for a cam werem't there, so just close browser and reopen and all is well.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You can restart your base station through the app or web browser if you feel you need to

jdsandara
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I tried the reset in the app it didn't appear to be working at the time, but maybe I just didn't wait long enough.

Swissprpr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry, newbie here. Two part question please
1) how can I restart the base station from app on iPhone, and
2) I used to be able to record. I changed some batteries, made sure each camera was set to record upon motion, but it isn't. Could this because I don't have it set for "Armed" 100% of the time, and only from 6 pm to 6 am? Thank you.
manfredz
Hero
Hero

Uless your mode is set to armed, a custom mode that calls for recording or the schedule that points to those, the cam will not record

Swissprpr
Aspirant
Aspirant

So how do I confirm that my custom view is set up to record?

thx

manfredz
Hero
Hero

So you are using custom mode(s)?

when you create it, one of the screens says something along line of if cam xxx detects motion record video (or do nothing)