Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo no trusted devices can’t login to cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
DrSue
Aspirant
Aspirant

I upgraded to a new iPhone. When I tried to login into my cameras I received the step to get a push notification. I didn’t realize the issues with trusted devices , I had reached the maximum of 5, and found all my trusted devices were old phones and iPads I no longer had. I still had my iPhone 12 which I had erased for sale so I reinstalled from backup got into that phone and signed on to my account. I then went to trusted devices, removed all the old devices and added my iPhone 14 and my iPad Pro 11”. All was well for two weeks. 
Today I tried to login and got the notification step again and assumed it would come to my iPhone 14. Well it didn’t and when I checked my trusted devices three old devices that I had removed and no longer have showed up but my two new devices were not there only two blank spaces. I cannot login into my cameras 

Is there another way to get my phone added as a trusted device ( and my iPad) or is there a way to reset and start over?  I am afraid if I reset, the cameras are linked to my old phones and they would be assumed be stolen. 
Any help appreciated. There should be a secondary verification backup for this problem. 
sue

4 REPLIES 4
DrSue
Aspirant
Aspirant

All is well. Didn’t realize was a choice for email. I corrected everything again. Sorry for the post. 
sue

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Try logging in on the new devices and select email verification (perhaps monitoring the email on a nearby PC).  Once in, see if you can then add the device to the trusted list.

Scrummy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Neither phones are working now as trusted devices. When I select the email option and enter the code and add the new phone as trusted, there is an error message that cuts off mid-sentence. At this point neither of us can arm the camera or do anything. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Scrummy,

Some users have reported success by simply uninstalling and reinstalling the Arlo Secure mobile app. For others, following the steps here were successfully: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Add-trusted-device-on-new-iPhone-Issue-Resolved-Workaround/m-p/18...

JamesC