Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo keeps going offline

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Deanw
Star
Star

My Arlo cameras keep going offline. I have the original Arlo base station. With the original Arlo camera. I also have the Arlo Pro camera I added about a month ago. It seems that this happens when I have it on recording for one camera, ( the Arlo pro) or after viewing the camera live view a number of times. I am having some work done in the basement, and was checking in on down there. It seems they go offline when there is lots of movement and recordings. I have to unplug and replug in the base station to get it working again. This has happened 3 times now. Once today, and once yesterday.  I only use the cameras inside my home. Mainly when I'm not home and want to check my house/dog. This really bothers me with how it's been working, as soon I'll be gone for about a month and want to be sure they are working. I also have Arlo Q, and this has worked flawlessly. It still works while the Arlo and Arlo pro do not. Any advice? 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, move the Q camera to the most important area you need covered since this one always works for you.

Second, if you have a second base or can get one, swap the bases to see if it is the base itself, either cameras work on either base

Third, try moving the localtion of the base in case some sort of interference is causing the outages

Forth, If you haven't don it power button reboot the base, if the problem continues, I would do a Full Reset and re set the system up incase of an internal glitch

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What's your upload speed as measured by speedtest.net? I wonder if you're saturating your upload capability.
Deanw
Star
Star

Thanks for the reply. I am getting between 1.3 & 1.5 Mbps upload speed. Most times its steady at 1.5 Mbps. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That could be an issue if there are multiple cameras recording and/or live viewing at the same time.  Try reducing the resolution for each camera by one step temporarily and see if that helps.