Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Whysoslow
Star
Star

As of this morning, Arlo iOS app (version 3.0 (1988)) is no longer showing badge notifications. It still creates banners/push/etc notifications, but I've lost the little red badge. Apple iPhone 12 Mini iOS 14.4

52 REPLIES 52
PattiW
Tutor
Tutor
I reset and updated my watch recently and noticed I no longer can get Arlo notifications to my Apple Watch.
dforjohn
Tutor
Tutor

Ok. Arlo just released a update for its iOS app. V3.1(2105). Badges are still not working correctly. Have to open app for the badges to populate properly. Very frustrating. 

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.4.1. Also discovered having same issue on my iPad mini( 5th gen) running 14.4.1. Please fix!

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have the latest updates and have the badge notifications but I never lost them on Iphone 8. So may be phone model specific. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @dforjohn

As the previous post mentions, the development teams currently looking in to the issue. @dcfox1 correct, this issue seems to not be affecting all users. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

AlfaTango94
Guide
Guide
With the new update that was put out today, the issue is still not corrected
majestik_12
Guide
Guide

New version of the app made no difference to the badge issue.

iPhone SE 2020 - iOS 14.4.1

itsjdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Versions

• iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14.4.1)
  • Arlo app (version 3.1)
  • Apple Watch Series 4 (OS 6.2.5)

Symptoms

• Apple Watch haptic feedback works
  • No badge notifications on iPhone.
    • Same symptoms (badge appears only when app is open, banners work) and troubleshooting (app reinstall, device reboot, notification / badge settings re-enable) as everyone else already described
Atlam
Tutor
Tutor
I have same issue and have latest iOS v14.4.1 & the new updated Arlo app v3.0.1.
MarPommer
Aspirant
Aspirant
Suddenly red number notifications disappeared on app.
They been popping for since I bought and installed base and cameras but suddenly a couple of weeks ago they stopped showing on app icon.
I tried delete app and turn off phone - and reinstall. That didn’t help... In Notification Center everything is turned on for the Arlo app.
I have an iPhone 11.
What can I do to make red notification on app come back?
JPcscs
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has this issue been resolved?
Having same issue / problem:
(Approximately 2-weeks)
- No badges, push notifications, or sounds after latest update on iPhone 10.
- Both, iPhone & Arlo have been updated and running newest versions.
- Have also tried common troubleshooting procedures without success.
PattiW
Tutor
Tutor
dforjohn
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

The Arlo Development team is still investigating this issue and a fix will be coming soon. I will be providing an update as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. 

Whysoslow
Star
Star

@ShayneS 

FYI, I updated my iPhone 12 mini this morning to iOS 14.4.2 (Arlo App 3.1(2105)) and the haptic feedback to my Apple Watch Series 3 (7.3.2) appears to be working again. I will trigger an event and send you the App logs again.

The original problem - no red badges on the iOS app - is still persisting.

dforjohn
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the info. Much appreciated. Unfortunately, I have also updated to 14.4.2 and problem is not resolved. 

Atlam
Tutor
Tutor
Same updated IOS 14.4.2 and problem persists. Badge notifications still working on iPad
Orangy
Aspirant
Aspirant

It still cannot let me in from iPhone, it simply says "request timed out". It's been a problem for years, but before push notifications were broken I could at least know that something was happening and could login from laptop. Now, I never what happens at my property! Support is useless because I can't update the case and respond to their inquery, live chat is not working because after I answered all questions to the bot, support person joined said hello and instantly left the chat. I'm infuriated. 

Fortress10
Star
Star

Having similar issues.  I am getting alert banners that motion triggered a recording.  The Video Library shows correct number of new recordings with a red number, the on the iPhone app screen with the Arlo Icon, the number does not appear until I open the Arlo app.  The it will update with a red dot and the number of new recordings shown.

If I open the app and then open open library - the number of new recordings clears (which is correct), and the Badge notification number also clears. 

When i have had several new alerts - the app icon does not update, only does so when I open the Arlo app and exit out of the app.  This behavior has only happened recently.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

I wanted to provide an update. This issue with badge notifications not appearing has been identified and a fix will be coming soon. I will provide another update with more information as soon as possible.

Thank you

Fortress10
Star
Star
Please can you give an update when the update to resolve this issue will be rolled out?
itsjdog
Aspirant
Aspirant

Badge notifications suddenly started working again this morning on iPhone 11 Pro (iOS 14.4.2)  

RyanA2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same. iPhone 12pro
Atlam
Tutor
Tutor
Same. Badges now displaying, no app or OS update.
Whysoslow
Star
Star

Same here. As of this morning the red badge icon is back on the home screen. So far, it also appears to be showing the correct number of notifications. iPhone 12 Mini iOS 14.4.2, Arlo v3.1(2105)

Thank you, @ShayneS for the fix!!

RonSher
Initiate
Initiate

same here ... as of this morning it seems to be working like it should.