Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Whysoslow
Star
Star

As of this morning, Arlo iOS app (version 3.0 (1988)) is no longer showing badge notifications. It still creates banners/push/etc notifications, but I've lost the little red badge. Apple iPhone 12 Mini iOS 14.4

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue with the badge counter should now be resolved. If you encounter this issue again, please reach out to the support team Here. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
C3C4Fused
Initiate
Initiate

Having the same issue, I've tried restarting my iPhone and still nothing. I only get badge notifications while the app is open.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

I was not able to replicate this issue with the iPhone 12 mini with iOS 14.4.1

If you are still experiencing this issue, please install the latest version of iOS v14.4.1 & the new updated Arlo app v3.0.1

Whysoslow
Star
Star

Updated iPhone 12 Mini to iOS v14.1.1, Arlo app to v3.0.1 and restarted device. Did unresolved.

I am still receiving banner notifications on my lock screen, top of my unlocked homescreen, and my Apple Watch. The Arlo app does not display a red badge with said notifications.

Only after opening the app itself and after a couple-second delay does the red badge appear on both the 'Library' tab and on the app icon itself. If the app is not actively open and being viewed the homescreen app does not display a notification badge.

Please advise.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Whysoslow

I am still not Able to replicate this issue. Please try to disable & re-enable notifications for the app natively within your iPhones settings.

NoPushNotificat
Guide
Guide

Having same issue, since 03-08-21.  iOS iphone "Badge Nofitications" have suddenly stopped working without any changes to my device, hardware and software.  I've tried resetting iOS and Arlo hardware.  No changes. Screen Nofitications and Alerts do work, No Badge which is essential for my Arlo system to work properly and notify of activity.  Please fix ASAP<

Whysoslow
Star
Star
Have tried turning Notifications off and on: same problem. Tried deleting app from the phone, restarting phone, and reinstalling app, resetting all notification preferences for the app: same problem.

Still not getting red badge notification on app.

Please advise.
AlfaTango94
Guide
Guide
I recently downloaded the new update and my badge notifications aren’t working. I still get banner notifications but the badge notifications will not pop up unless the app is opened. iOS platform. I tried restarting the app (logging in/out) & also deleted and reinstalled the app. Any suggestions or similar problems?
NoPushNotificat
Guide
Guide

This issue is clearly and once again an ARLO software issue. Not a user device issue at all.  Same issue occurred in 2018, it took Arlo over 3 months to finally address and fix this same issue.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@NoPushNotificat Still working here with app 3.0.1 and IOS 14.4. 

Whysoslow
Star
Star

Hi @ShayneS 

Any updates on the issue? As stated, I've updated all software on my end, logged out/logged in, deleted/reinstalled the app, toggled notifications on/off. I am still not receiving a visual badge notification on the iPhone app. If you can provide any further information I would greatly appreciate it. Not having badge notifications is quite frustrating.

jubei
Guide
Guide

I'm noticing the same issues including the badge notification only popping up when app is opened.

I've also tried...

Hard resetted my IOS devices, phone and ipad.

Toggled on and off "Badges" in Notification centre.

Logged in and out.

Uninstalled, (restarted phone just in case that's a thing) and reinstalled Arlo app.

This issue is present in both new Arlo app with skinny bird icon and the old Arlo app with plumper bird icon. Was glad Arlo app on my iPad wasn't updated. 🙂

Since it's happening with both Apps, I'm guessing the latest IOS updates might be the cause? and Arlo just needs to figure out the issue and update their software.

Same notification badge issues present with Wyze cam apps but not with Eufy Cam apps.

My iPhone has 14.4.1 and iPad has 14.4. Updating my iPhone to latest IOS didn't resolve this issue.

AlfaTango94
Guide
Guide
Yeah I did all the steps you went through and still had the same issue. I contacted Arlo Support today and made them aware of the issue. (Hopefully they will make a fix soon)
RonSher
Initiate
Initiate

hi ... I have apple iphone 11 and have the same issues with Arlo app after latest Arlo update (3.0.1 March 2021)...

Restarted phone - same problem.

Have tried turning Notifications off and on -  same problem.

Tried deleting app from the phone, restarting phone, and reinstalling app, resetting all notification preferences for the app - same problem.

Still not getting red badge notification on app - it only appears after I open the app and then disappears once cleared and does not show again unless the app is opened.

dforjohn
Tutor
Tutor
Having same problem with badges. Reinstalled app twice. No go. Running on iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14.1, and v3.0.1 app version.
GottaAvIt
Initiate
Initiate

I've noticed something kinda similar: I do get notifications, but no badges on the home screen icon. Also checked to make sure that I have notifications/badges/etc. enabled for everything.

PattiW
Tutor
Tutor
I am having the same issue after trying all the things you mentioned. I hope they can get it fixed soon. Thank you for posting your issue.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all the feedback, I am looking in to this issue & I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

NoPushNotificat
Guide
Guide

A big thank you to ShayneS for following up and looking into this Arlo issue !

Whysoslow
Star
Star
Agreed - thank you @ShayneS.

Secondly, I’ve noticed that my Apple Watch (series 3, watchOS 7.3.2) no longer provides haptic push notifications from my Arlo cameras. The notifications show up in the list of notifications, but without the buzz on my wrist that triggers me to look at app, I am now missing all notifications of videos at my house. I tried resetting the watch, unpairing/pairing, and toggling “mirror my iPhone” in and off. Still no haptic notifications w Arlo triggers.
majestik_12
Guide
Guide

Same issue of badges missing from iOS.

Coincides with the latest version of the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are there any other users in this thread experiencing the lack of haptic feedback when receiving a push notification on your Apple Watch? 

I am not able to replicate the no haptic feedback issue with iOS 14.4.1 & Watch OS 7.3.2

Thank you to the two users that provided the earlier feedback with the watch.

RyanA2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue with the iPhone 12 and not getting any badges. Banners work fine. Checked all settings and performed all resets.
v_p
Aspirant
Aspirant

It just started happening a few days ago.  I checked "settings" and all notifications are on.   I receive push notifications but not badge notifications.