Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo has a cloudy lens

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
JG2
Guide
Guide

Hello all,

Recently one of my outside cameras has very cloudy footage. I am not sure what caused it since it happened from one day to the other, not gradually.

It has fresh new batteries and just got a silicone cover. At first, I thought it was the cover that was obstructing the lens but it is not since it was still cloudy after I removed the cover.

I saw another thread that mentioned the o-ring, but I am not sure where that is located on the camera. An image or diagram would be helpful.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JG2
Guide
Guide
Thank you. I added a protective sleeve and put it under shelter and that seemed to have fixed the issue. It seems it was moisture from the rain.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JG2

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

JG2
Guide
Guide
Thank you. I added a protective sleeve and put it under shelter and that seemed to have fixed the issue. It seems it was moisture from the rain.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JG2 wrote:

FWIW, there are some glass treatments (Rain-X and it's competitors) that can also solve this problem.

Armatrak
Initiate
Initiate
I have one with the cloudy view. Except I’m in California and the humidity is 18-20%
No moisture here.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Armatrak

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support