Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

VM3030 camera will not come back online

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
cman73
Follower
Follower

one of my four camera's would not come back online. I removed the device and tried to reinstall it. followed all of the technical procedures and instructions. when i get to the point of syncing my camera the blue led light blinks slowly, but it never blinks rapidly to indicate that it has connected. what do i do

2 REPLIES 2
superkidr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem. The only answer I have found is where someone else was having the same trouble and after contacting the Arlo support group, they were informed that their camera was defective and, since their camera was still under warranty, they would replace it. I was told my camera was out of warranty and they could not replace it or even repair it, even if I was willing to pay. Basically, what the support group said was trash the camera and buy another one. That means once your 100+ dollar camera goes bad, it is considered disposable. So far I have failed in finding anyone that is willing to repair the Arlo cameras. I find Arlo Netgear's policy unacceptable. These cameras already have major issues such as the use of expensive batteries, battery short life span, misrepresentation of a camera being able to operate up to a distance of 300 feet from the base and also, the large delay from when the camera triggers and the camera actually starts recording. Sorry to unload on you but everyone needs to know Arlo cameras are lacking in many ways and the Arlo company doesn't care as displayed by their policy to offer no help, after your warranty has expired. I sincerely hope your camera is still in warranty. Good luck! Please let the community know if you find a solution.  Superkider

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest contacting customer support regarding this issue with the camera remaining offline? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support