Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay so my friend gave me his arlo free base station and cameras they are all working non of witch are broken, I am trying to set everything up but the base station cannot connect to the arlo app at all. it does not even find it, also all lights are continuesly blinking at once I tried to reset it but nothing is working I have the latest version of this app and the model is the vmb3000 anybody else has have this problem connecting to the base?
10 REPLIES 10
Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

To factory reset the base, press the reset button for several seconds until the LEDs flash amber.  Having all the LEDs flashing would seem to indicate a real problem that a reset may not resolve.

Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I fixed that problem now it says arlo base is off witch it Is I don't know why light stays on amber
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Gotta give us details.  WHICH light is amber?  What are the others doing?  Details!

Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh okay sorry. the power light is on amber then randomly all lights will flash green and the power light goes back to amber, it is very weird I think the base station might be broken I'm looking to buy one on eBay if I can't resolve the problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try a factory reset using the reset button until the LEDs flash amber. Did that do anything useful? It does sound like a bad base or power supply. Is this a new purchase? You may be able to swap the system for another. Alternatively, a trouble ticket would be useful to get you an RMA for it.

Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did try the reset but It didn't work it goes back to doing the same thing again and unfortunately it's not new so I don't have the receipt. I tried changing to a different power outlet but still didn't work I think only choice is to buy a new base
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Vincent88,

Are you by chance using a different AC adapter than the original adapter supplied with the Arlo base station? A screenshot of the specs for the original can be seen here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Wire-Free-camera/Power-Supply-Adapter-Suddenly-Stopped-Working...

JamesC

Vincent88
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm not sure if this is the original the brand name is Graco class 2 transformer input 120vac output 9vdc
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Vincent88 wrote:
I'm not sure if this is the original the brand name is Graco class 2 transformer input 120vac output 9vdc

The power transformer for the Arlo BASE is 12v dc at 1.5a output to a coaxial plug, center positive.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------