Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo firmware update available but won't load

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
bruceroth
Follower
Follower

I keep getting a message that my camera has a firm software updae available but it just won't load.  I can't use my camera until it loads..  Frustrated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and open and close all battery doors. If it doesn't immediately update, wait overnight. Get back to us in the morning .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Power cycle the base and open and close all battery doors. If it doesn't immediately update, wait overnight. Get back to us in the morning .

chrismi105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did this work? I am getting quite annoyed at the system. I have 2 cameras at my house 300 miles away and I cant acces them because of this issue. I have been trying to download the update for 2 weeks now remotely and also from the house. I tried turning the base station on and off while I was there this weekend and that did not make a difference. The internet service there is relatively slow as I am 10 miles out of town in the country. I would hate to have to bring everything back to my home in NJ to do the update as I only get there every other weekend or so.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
How's the cell service there? If you get decent transfer rates, take a WiFi extender with you next time. Set your phone as a hotspot and sync the extender to the hotspot. Plug the base into the extender and give it a try.
chrismi105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cell servcie is spotty at best and that is only when there is heavy cloud coverage. I have a landline from Verizon and they also provide the internet access. If they only way to fix this is to bring them all home the next time I go there than that is what I will have to do. I cant leave things the way they are.