Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo email alerts no longer working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
meyekle
Guide
Guide

Around two days ago I've stopped receiving email alerts. I receive non-email alerts on my Arlo iOS app and I can see the video clip in the library but no more email alerts.  I've rebooted/power cycle the base station, router and modem, but no luck.  I haven't done anything to the system (base station or cameras) at all and everything has been running fine up until a couple days ago. Are the Netgear Arlo servers down?  Also, just to mention, I'm not receiving email from my second camera as well.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meyekle,

Check your spam folder to make sure the alerts are not being filter. It's also possible your email provider is blocking Arlo email alerts and you may need to contact them to prevent blocking them in the future.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

meyekle,

Check your spam folder to make sure the alerts are not being filter. It's also possible your email provider is blocking Arlo email alerts and you may need to contact them to prevent blocking them in the future.

JamesC

meyekle
Guide
Guide

Yep, that's the solution but I don't understand why after 3 years of use that all of sudden arlo alerts are being tagged as Junk.  Anyway, thanks for your help nonetheless.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

meyekle wrote:

Yep, that's the solution but I don't understand why after 3 years of use that all of sudden arlo alerts are being tagged as Junk.  Anyway, thanks for your help nonetheless.

I see this too with other non-Arlo e-mails. They are usually false positives. Just whitelist them and check your spam folders often. 😞

Desmodog
Guide
Guide

I just posted a simlar question. Sorry, hadn't seen this one before. 

Same issue. Email suddenly stopped. They are not in my spam folder, I use Gmail. This appears to have started after I turned on Push notifications as well as email.

What's the deal?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Make sure you didn't inadvertently disable email notifications. Check all modes and all rules.